Whats in the bag? October 2nd 2018

What's in the bag?

As with any golfer, over the years clubs come and go. Some you fall in love with and keep forever and some sneak into the bag only to be left behind. The current set up I have is by far my best setup for consistency, feel and distance control.

Starting from the flat stick to the big one, I have an Odyssey white HOT putter with a super stroke slim 2.0 for the grip. This was actually my first golf club and so it's my oldest. I really like the soft feel the insert in the head gives and the way it looks at address. I could see myself getting a new putter in the next year or so but as long as I'm still making putts, it'll stay in the bag.

Moving on to the wedges, my current spread is 60-56-50, With a Cleveland RTX 60 and Vokey 56-50. The Cleveland wedge has seen some better days, but the Vokeys wedges are quite crisp. I really like the feel of hitting full shots with my 56, it's my go-to club when chipping around the green and within 100 yards. The 50 is a relatively new addition, I dropped my 52 since it was spinning too much and couldn't quite get the distance out of it I was needing. With the 50 being the perfect 120y club it will allow me to attack more pins and feel more comfortable over the ball.

My irons are Mizuno MP-15's with slightly heavier stiff shafts. When getting new irons a few years ago, I was trying different brands and just fell in love with the way the ball felt off the face. After getting fit for the shafts, I was able to control the flight and spin just the way I want to, all while still getting the distance I need. If you are looking to get new clubs and haven't decided what ones to go for. Definitely give them a go, I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

With my driver/3wood I have Taylormade M4's with a slightly stiffer and heavier shaft in both. My old driver/3 wood was a Taylormade R9 and I'm not kidding you, after getting fit I gained almost 15 yards on my good drives. With the new technology in these clubs, the misses are unreal too. If you miss the centre of the face my a bit, you barely lose any distance and it stays relatively straight. I love to use my driver and I know when I'm hitting it deep and straight, low scores just seem to happen. So adding these to my bag really gives me the ability to play the best golf I can.

All in all, with the new addition of the 50 wedge and the driver/3 wood upgrade. I now have no excuses if I post a bad number. My bag has come a long way from where it was a few years ago and I'm proud to say it's finally where I want it to be.

Comments